Re: [help-texinfo] Want curly braces around key sequences (Was: Overfull

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Want curly braces around key sequences (Was: Overfull vbox in Concept Index leads to a blank page in the middle of the index)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 08:11:53 -0400

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:
> different key binding markup for different output formats

Here's some text from one of our manuals so you can see how the key
sequence markup is used and how it works well even in plain text.
Note also that we surround functions and commands with parentheses for
similar reasons and then have this which you could compare to standard
Texinfo techniques:

-----

The {w} (br-where) command locates the source le associated with a
listing entry and displays it together with the entry name within the
viewer window. A pre x argument as in, {C-u w}, causes the command to
prompt for the class or element name to locate. Full completion is
provided. See Section 2.21 [Completing Names], page 18.

The {m} (br-match) command o ers a quick mechanism for locating any
classes in the Environment whose names match to an expression in part
or in whole.

------

Bob