Re: [help-texinfo] Want curly braces around key sequences (Was: Overfull

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Want curly braces around key sequences (Was: Overfull vbox in Concept Index leads to a blank page in the middle of the index)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 18:12:23 +0100

On 5 July 2016 at 18:55, Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Finally, it seems unfortunate that you can't use @kbd in your Texinfo
>> source for the key sequences if you want to get the braces. I'm not
>> sure if there is a solution for this.
>
> That would be nice if such an option existed.

I wasn't suggesting that there should be an option. It's unfortunate
because ideally Texinfo source represents meaning and not
presentation, so ideally @kbd surrounds key sequences instead of
@MyKeySeqMacro or whatever. Now what would the solution be? In this
case it would be to add an option or some other kind of customization
scheme. But I don't think that it's worth adding an option for this.