koha-devel

[Koha-devel] I will not give up untill someone...

From: Benedykt
Subject: [Koha-devel] I will not give up untill someone...
Date: Sun Sep 28 11:22:03 2003

...untill someone gives me an explicit reason why we do not have a localization of koha the way it is suggested on the web (cpan.org).

Namely, I have read through some modules in cpan directory and have found this:

Locale::PO Manipulate .po entries from gettext
Locale::Maketext Framework for software localization
Locale::gettext Multilanguage messages
Locale::PGetText What GNU gettext does, written in pure perl

Now, I am wondering whether any of the above modules would be fit to be implemented in koha project. Is it to late to even think about it?

Right now, as I see it, for every theme in same language one needs redundant and complete language strings in each file. A gettext like solution might save a bit of work in the future.

regards,
Benedict.

Disclamer: I am not a programmer and I do not have an idea what perl language is... I am just a computer operator.