koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] MARC editor for Koha 3.0

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] MARC editor for Koha 3.0
Date: Wed Oct 5 14:36:23 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 06:24:56PM +0200, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> i've taken some minuts to write a schema on my ideas for expert MARC
> editor in Koha 3.0
> Let me know what you think of it ?
> Joshua, do you have student to work on this as you expected ?
It looks very good Paul and is just what I had in mind. And yes,
there are some students working on it as we speak ... but it will
take some time before they have something to show. I think that
AJAX is definitely the way to go.

There are a few other features that are critical that I've outlined
on the CatalogingProject wiki:
http://athenscounty.lib.oh.us/wiki/doku.php?id=catalogingproject

For instance, a context-sensitive help feature so that a cataloger
can press 'F1' or some other hotkey and get information about a
given field or about the proper syntax according to AACR2, etc.

Cheers,
--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS