koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] MARC editor for Koha 3.0

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] MARC editor for Koha 3.0
Date: Wed Oct 26 01:04:13 2005

Partha Mukhopadhyay a écrit :
Hello Fiends,

Koha 3.0 is in the pipeline. Great news. It'll include an expert MARC editor and the schema has already been designed.I've one question about MARC editor.
>Is it going to include Leader field (24 characater fixed field)in MARC editor this time? In fact we failed to add leader field in MARC framework in koha 2.2.3. >(Although it produces minimum (computer generated) leader data during export) >If yoy have an idea about how to add Leader in MARC framework of released koha version
> (particularly 2.2.3, we've not yet explored 2.2.4) let us know.

Better than this : it's included in Koha 2.2.4 !
upgrade to 2.2.4, then do :
Koha >> parameters >> biblio framework >> choose your framework
>> add field >> 000 leader >> save
>> subfields for 000 >> edit subfields >> add a subfield @ (in tab 0 or where you want) Name it "leader". Select plugin marc21_leader.pl >> save

Koha >> catalogue >> add biblio >> clic on ... near the 000@ tada... you can fill your leader !!!

(note that you can select unimarc_leader.pl as plugin if you use unimarc)
--
Paul POULAIN