koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] New Feature: Improved Z39.50 Client

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] New Feature: Improved Z39.50 Client
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:22:58 +0100

Alex King a écrit :

If people are happy ill commit the fixes

I'm 99% sure there are others SQL modifs to do, see below. That's why I won't say in 2.2.7 "we are mySQL 5.0 compliant", otherwise we will be overwhelmed by new bug reports. koha 2.2 is now stable enough, I thinks it's a very bad idea to reintroduce unstability.

I suspect the (2.2) release manager is in the latter camp as this bug report is referenced in the release notes of 2.2.6.

You are right here : our experience shows that many SQL statements are no more working properly with mySQL5 (summary : it's outdated way to do SQL joins : using where instead of LEFT JOIN). So the problem is not so easy to fix, because we can't say "2.2.x is only mySQL5 compatible, and rewritting queries is not so easy.

Most (all?) distros are provided with mySQL4 as well as mySQL5, so that's not a major problem I think.

In rel_3_0, toins is working hard to achieve mySQL5 compatibility, and it's not a small task because it requires many many testings.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants