koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] New Feature: Improved Z39.50 Client

From: José Parrella
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] New Feature: Improved Z39.50 Client
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:07:07 -0400

Jerry Van Baren escribió:
> FWIIW, you can "pin" versions using /etc/apt/preferences so you could
> pin MySQL to 4.* with a more advanced Debian system.  You can also
> downgrade a MySQL 5.* installation to 4.*, but that might be tough
> because of dependencies... it is probably better to install Debian
> testing/Etch without MySQL, pin MySQL to 4.*, and then install MySQL
> (which will install 4.x since it is pinned).

Sure. However the dependencies on libmysqlclient varies, and DBD::MySQL
and other already-packaged modules which depend on libmysqlclient might
need to be purged and compiled using dh-make-perl or any other helper,
or just installed manually. I planned to recompile Sarge's source
package under Etch; I guess that's the nicest way. Of course it's
possible to have Koha in Etch (I had it, just decided to fallback to
Sarge) it's just quite more complicate to achieve, a little bit
unmanageable and currently highly complex to do by means of an official
Debian package.

Jose

--
José M. Parrella -> Debian Sid, k2.6.17.13
Escuela de Ingenieria Electrica