koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] (koha 3.0) OPAC search results list

From: Bradley Peters
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] (koha 3.0) OPAC search results list
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:34:31 -0500

On 7/3/07, Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
Here are 2 proposals :
http://catalog.ccfls.org/search?idx=&q=chaos
http://catalogue.iptheologie.fr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=chaos

Just in case any of the developers are interested, I forwarded these
two links to my local library which is working on switching to Koha
later this summer. While the staff liked both designs, they preferred
the French site to the English one. The consensus was that although
they like the Amazon cover images, they thought the design on the
French site would be easier for users to understand.

For me, regarding the English example, the fact that the check boxes
are not in a definite column on the left side (as they are in other
interfaces I use with a similar concept, such as web mail) is
confusing. And, I agree that the display of call numbers doesn't work
very well in that design either.

Sincerley,
Bradley Peters.