koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] (koha 3.0) OPAC search results list

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] (koha 3.0) OPAC search results list
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:05:45 +0100

Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote: [...]
> Here are 2 proposals :
> http://catalog.ccfls.org/search?idx=&q=chaos
> http://catalogue.iptheologie.fr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=chaos
> I show ccfls look to ipt librarian, and she is happy with this. so I
> think we could move head to this look. [...]

Yes, I think ccfls is slightly ahead.  Both suffer from the a:hover
and result highlight colours being too similar.  The three-tick icon
is a bit confusing - I think the IPT-style titlebar-checkbox is
becoming pretty common (but both do nothing without Javascript).

ccfls could maybe be improved further by careful styling of the - YYYY
- PUBL ; PLACE - EXTENT block, and by limiting the image width (or by
using <div>s instead of <td>s to block-divide the image and text).

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.