librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] Some thoughts about the librefm theme

From: Lincoln de Sousa
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] Some thoughts about the librefm theme
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:41:35 -0200

Hello there,

Some days ago, I've rediscovered libre.fm and, obviously, I found it
amazing again :)

But, looking at the current layout and the road map, I had some ideas
that I'd like to share with you. I started to work in some wireframes to
demonstrate what I'm thinking about librefm interface. I'm trying to
make it as simple as possible, but also suggesting some new features.

My first try was the Profile page [0]. I'm proposing a two columns
layout for this page. One, with the most important info, like user data,
"now playing" and last listened entries. In the other column, I've
suggested to add features like a box to reach the player page, instead
of using a new entire page, a box with avatars of friends and a list
with last dents made by the user (if he/she fills the statusnet info, of
course).

Another thing I started to work on was the settings page. It's the place
that the user sets all information about {him,her}self. It's usualy
dangerous to use tabs to separate things in a layout, but I've tried to
use it to organize different types of settings that a user can fill in.

It is very important to know if I'm following the right path and if I
should continue to work on it.

Thank you very much for this nice software. it would be a pleasure to
help you on it :)

[0] http://comum.org/~lincoln/librefm/profile.png
[1] http://comum.org/~lincoln/librefm/profileeditgeneral.png
    http://comum.org/~lincoln/librefm/profileeditpassword.png