librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Some thoughts about the librefm theme

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Some thoughts about the librefm theme
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:43:38 -0500

On 01/11/11 08:29, Lincoln de Sousa wrote:

> So, I've started to work on the layout and here[0] is my first try. As
> mentioned above, I started from the profile page. There are some general
> considerations that I'd like to make about things I've done. Here they
> are:
>
>  * Footer sucks

Yup. Move the ad into the body of the page, and I'll work on some better
copy for the footer.

>  * I have used colors from Pablo's svg but in the way I did it, it's
>    very close to last.fm. In my opinion we should work a bit more on it
>    and maybe change these colors.

Yes. I think we should also make GNU FM ship with a few different color
choices.

>  * The search form drives the user to a detailed search page and he/she
>    will be able to choose which kind of data should be shown (users,
>    tags, songs etc).

Cool.

>  * Player shortcut is too simple. Maybe we should do something to make
>    it more interesting to the user.

Player shortcut? I don't get what this is.

>  * Two very important things in the sidebar (my friends and my dents)
>    depends on external connections that is not so usual to users to
>    setup. We have to find a way to make it really simple and easy to
>    understand.

Yes. Maybe we can do some kind of "connect to Twitter" type button on
the user profile, so we let people connect to their Twitter, Facebook,
GNU social, identi.ca, diaspora, whatever... or all of them.

> Now, I'm planning to work on the listen page and on the user settings
> page. All of this work is following that wireframes that I shown
> before. These wireframes are being created with Pencil[1]. You can find
> png's here[2] and the `Source' file here[3]

Awesome. Pencil rules.

Keep up the great work!