Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:40:28 +0300

* Danny Spitzberg <stationaery@gmail.com> [2021-03-26 17:57]:
>    I am having a difficult time right now. This person Georgia shares
>    several years of experience working at FSF and directly with RMS. Ali,
>    their testimony makes me think that maybe the free software movement
>    needs to move beyond RMS. Here are their words, copied from
>    [1]https://twitter.com/georgialyle/status/1374504389155508232:
>    “I worked at the FSF from 2015-2018 & was shop steward for a while. I
>    recall having a months (MONTHS) long conversation with ED John Sullivan
>    about why racist & sexist 'hacker humor' from the 90s needed to be
>    removed from [2]gnu.org. rms didn't get why it was harmful.
>    Also the abortion joke ('contributed' by rms) in a technical manual? He
>    threw a fit when it was removed, & the energy many people (who
>    respected him!!) put in to attempting to educate him in why that wasn't
>    cool.

So? That is conversation between people, they were discussing, in any
conversations people discuss and exchange opinions. Do we want to
start kicking people if they don't agree?

Ah, not again, really??? hahahhaa

25.7.4 Aborting a Program

Future Change Warning: Proposed Federal censorship regulations may
prohibit us from giving you information about the possibility of
calling this function. We would be required to say that this is not an
acceptable way of terminating a program.

There is definitely no subject on this planet about which one cannot
make jokes, so what you need is little education on the subject of
free speech, which is beyond this mailing list.

Finally, what you want RMS to be, pro-feminist or contra-feminist?
Like if you and other people wish to shape RMS, why don't you make a
clear list how you want RMS to express himself, as that could be more
fair, rather than judging thereafter.

Let us start controlling other people's opinion, if they don't tell us
what we want, we will snap their fingers.

LOL!