Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 22:52:24 +0300

* quiliro <quiliro@riseup.net> [2021-03-29 18:50]:
> They conisider bad behaviour to yell and react badly sometimes and to be
> too proud, other times.

Yes.

> But it is not considered bad behaviour to develop, promote and
> accept non-free software.

It should be, and I would not accept funding from companies which
restrict users' freedom such as Microsoft or Google (if they did so),
as that makes FSF to a degree corrupted.

There is no heavenly way that such act of accepting donation from
companies they fight against does not influence those who work in FSF.

> What they care is about saving face, not real accountability.

Who is they?

> Google, Microsoft, Facebook are better partners to them, than a
> grouchy activist.

I get the point.

> I personally think that it is better to generate a thicker skin than be
> abused in ways a thick skin will not protect me.

Exactly. There shall be defense, in reality, there is enough money in
the FSF that they can hire a lawyer or mediators to peacefully solve
conflicts.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns