Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 22:06:30 +0300

* Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> [2021-03-27 20:40]:
> I see there is a great effort to make a small group of people remove
> the work of just one person.

Look, that is irreversible. Free software philosophy is practically
immortal for all of our generations of today. It will survive all of
us now. Like who is born today as of 2021-03-29, it will survive that
person.

GNU as Free Software operating system will survive as well. New
systems will be created and more of free software executed. Society
has already got a drive to liberate users and give them control over
their data, we can see that in US implementation of free software in
government, we can see that in European implementations of free
software in governments and laws enacted to respect users' data. This
will move over to other countries which more or less follow those
Western countries in their development.

It is up to us now to decide to promote more freedom and free software
to liberate people in future. Current problems are in my opinion
proprietary software in medicine and proprietary medicine, this may
not seem software related, but I think it is very much software
related, as they make vaccines with software and impose functionality
of a vaccine in human body, it is like nano technology that changes
according to how germs attack the body. At least it is so
explained. So it is like a program in human body, even if that is
program biologically programmed, it is programmed -- and we have no
control to know exactly HOW, neither to MODIFY it, neither to
distribute it to benefit others (if there is a true benefit), neither
we have control to VERIFY if there is any benefit. That is currently
important issue for next 100-1000 years on this planet, as large
corporation will want to take over our behavior by all means.

That is the future and present time problem.

> What that one person does must be very important for someone to try
> to stop it.

That is right, but instead of putting focus on negativity we rather
put focus on FSF campaigns.

> I wonder if most of RMS opposers are against the greater part of his
> work and in favour of the smaller portion of his work.

I do not believe that majority of those people are opposers. I will
meet some of them and talk to them, we will see. They sign those
letters out of good faith mostly, apart from those few who are really
opposers.

We have to recognize the fact that some good part of population will
simple move to direction where the wind blows. They may be good
people. Let us recognize that good people have signed the opposing
letter. They do not have bad intention.

Just few of them are really negative people who spread rumours and
lies and incite others to join.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns