Re: Support RMS

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 18:15:31 -0500

Thomas Lord <lord@basiscraft.com> writes:

>> "Things have been different with RMS. He has consistently stood out for
> years with bad behavior."
>
> Simply repeating that lie will not make it true.
>
> Stop wasting everyone's time.

They conisider bad behaviour to yell and react badly sometimes and to be
too proud, other times.  But it is not considered bad behaviour to
develop, promote and accept non-free software.  What they care is about
saving face, not real accountability.  It is more important to say kind
words than having kind policies.  Google, Microsoft, Facebook are better
partners to them, than a grouchy activist.

I personally think that it is better to generate a thicker skin than be
abused in ways a thick skin will not protect me.  The agression
suffered by non-free software and its accomplices will not be protected
by a thick skin.