Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 22:07:33 +0300

* Deb Nicholson <deb@eximiousproductions.com> [2021-04-14 18:38]:
>    Corporations are not behind the call for RMS to be accountable.

That is not something either you can prove. My previous email in
answer to this was censored, and I do not know which Code of Conduct
did I break.

> Thousands of individual people, including many former employees and
> free software collaborators, have called for him to step aside.

No, that is not true. Thousands have signed the defaming letter, but
they did not really "call for him to step aside" neither I believe
they support the letter in full, because they simply cannot understand
it. Those people are good people and support the motion of fair
world.

I consider only those who personally and reasonably express themselves
to call RMS to step aside, others are lured into the fabricated
propaganda.

> It actually serves the opponents of free software quite well to have
> someone who pushes people away and facilitates a hostile
> environment, be in charge of the FSF.

Quite opposite is true, RMS was never facilitating hostile
environment. FSF is not public, but privately founded non-profit,
founded by RMS, it is equal as his own, and legally he could, if he
would want, keep it totally under his control, but he did not, it is
gift to mankind.

That you come here with this perversion of truth without any facts or
evidences is disgrace.

> Also, RMS is not the free software movement.

RMS is the core and heart of the free software movement.

> It's dangerous to conflate an individual with a movement. To say
> that the "free software movement is being attacked" when what's
> actually happening is that a bunch of individuals are calling for
> one person to take responsibility for their behavior is a sloppy
> generalization.

This is just trolling. But censor will like your trolling, as that is
why your message pass through.

> It's disappointing that so many people have chosen to disbelieve
> former FSF employees, hundreds of women who have encountered RMS at
> conferences or MIT and many, many free software creators. The vast
> majority of the people who signed the letter asking for RMS to step
> down, care deeply about free software. I wish more of you would try
> to consider that.

I am also researcher Deb, and I say, if he did something illegal, let
those people handle that with him. I have not found anything related
to RMS that justifies that type of cyber-bullying online harassment
public shaming.

Buf if he did not do anything illegal, and somebody complains on his
behavior, don't mix that with his capability to lead FSF or speak for
free software, it is not related.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/