Re: Support RMS

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 21:23:32 +0300

* Ali Reza Hayati <arh@gnu.org> [2021-04-14 17:53]:
> On 14/04/2021 05:26, Adrienne G. Thompson wrote:
>
> > please indicate the name of the GNU package with which you are
> > associated as maintainer, contributor or otherwise.
> >
> > It is essential that we demonstrate solidarity in the face of the
> > ongoing attack.
> >

> I am not speaking on behalf of the GNU Project or a team behind a package. I
> don't want to cause misunderstanding. It doesn't matter whether I'm a member
> of FSF/GNU or not, we're a community, nobody and no project is superior to
> another. I don't like to put the name of GNU Project/package in front of my
> name because I don't want to (in any way) imply that my opinion matters more
> or I am talking from a stronger position.

That is good position, there is no need to politicize private opinions
and mix it with projects, it looks bad in public, and is also not true
representation. Even if it is related to RMS, those are still personal
issues related to various other politics that are not free software.

But GNU projects are common and interesting and bring people together
because we don't include other politics. That is where trouble starts.