Re: Support RMS

From: Adrienne G. Thompson
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 11:44:56 -0500

   On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 10:21 AM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

     > Can you easily sue people who are backed by multi billion dollar
     > companies, or more to the point sue and win.
     Of course it is possible. And need not cost much.

   As members of the free software community we may have standing to bring
   a suit ourselves. We would need to get some legal advice and to
   organise funds. I must warn you. My impression is that RMS is not
   likely to countenance such legal action. He's too much of a nice
   person. However, our legal standing (i.e. our interest in protecting
   our work as members of the free software community) is not dependent on
   RMS' approval.
   The defamation of our founder's character impacts members of the
   community. The intent to destroy the Free Software Movement for the
   purposes of procuring financial advantage might even be criminal and
   should be investigated. As the campaign against RMS is no doubt
   continuing, we need to explore all possible defences.
   Adrienne
   --
   Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!
   GNU C-Graph - [1]http://www.gnu.org/software/c-graph