Re: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0

From: James E Wilson
Subject: Re: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0
Date: 04 May 2005 20:43:26 -0700
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:40:52 -0700

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 16:13, James E Wilson wrote:
> I've attached a patch.  It is likely to be safe.  It works for the
> testcase, but I haven't otherwise tested it.  I'll do the usual gcc
> regression tests and then add it to the gcc-4.0 release branch and gcc
> mainline if it passes.

Aw, shucks.  I should have read the docs for EXTRA_MEMORY_CONSTRAINTS
before trying to use it.  My first patch doesn't work; it breaks
volatile support.  I'm now trying a second version, which is just
#define EXTRA_MEMORY_CONSTRAINT(C, STR)  ((C) == 'S')
I'll do a bit more testing before claiming it is safe this time.