RE: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0

From: Boehm, Hans
Subject: RE: [libunwind] Failed to build from source with gcc 4.0
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 13:30:29 -0700

I assume you're using version 0.5 of atomic_ops?

It looks like the "+S" constraint on *addr is the problem,
though I won't claim to understand exactly why.

Version 1.0 fixed this.  Unfortunately, the code looks
uglier, due to ILP32 support.

I don't think there is a 1.0 Debian package.  And I still
haven't gotten around to putting 1.0 in a qprof
release, but the tar-ball is at

http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/atomic_ops/download.php4

Hans