expected outcome of make check

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: expected outcome of make check
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 19:19:53 +0100

Am Samstag, den 26.10.2019, 08:43 +0100 schrieb James:
> 1. ./autogen --noconfigure
>
> 2. mkdir build
>
> 3. cd build
>
> 4 ../configure --disable-optimising
>
> 5. make -j7 CPU_COUNT=7
>
> 6. make -j7 CPU_COUNT=7 test-baseline
>
> 7. make -j7 CPU_COUNT=7 check
>
> 8.
>
> [...]
>
> It seems that patch testing is getting more and more unreliable and time
> consuming for me these last few months - I am the only one that bothers
> to do it in case you didn't get that either.

So in trying to help, I'd need some guidance on what is the expected
outcome of make check. According to section 9.4 of CG, I should only
see input/regression/test-output-distance.ly but I also see differently
positioned dots in input/regression/rest-dot-position.ly without
applying any patch on the current master. In the past I've also
sometimes seen changes in input/regression/merge-rests-engraver.ly, but
not today.
Is that something related to my environment? I've also tried above's
../configure --disable-optimising in the past, without success.

Jonas