Re: Accidentals' font

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 14:02:08 +0200

Hi Han-Wen,

6) Look at the glyph of forcing: it forms a single word, and not the union
of three different characters (which is very distracting, in my opinion)
what is 'forcing' ?
I assumed it meant sfz, coming from an Italian native speaker - Paolo, please correct me if I'm wrong.
7) Look at the trill glyph: it's simpler, cleaner and less "baroque",
Maybe Jan can comment. The comment says it's based on a Saint Saens
Cello concerto, which I can't recall ever having seen.

Seems plausible: Everybody (tm) plays the 1st concerto, and at least 15-20 years ago, everybody (tm) used the Durand edition. There you find:

Not really identical to LilyPond's current

but certainly related.

Lukas