Re: Accidentals' font

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 14:22:24 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

Hi!

>> 7) Look at the trill glyph: it's simpler, cleaner and less "baroque",
>
> Maybe Jan can comment. The comment says it's based on a Saint Saens
> Cello concerto, which I can't recall ever having seen.

Yes, I have some recollection of that.  You are probably aware that some
of the inspiration of the Feta font came from the fact that in those
days the vast majority of computer music engravings were way too light.

I can imagine that we may have overshot a little bit, just like I can
imagine that a subsequent reaction to LilyPond's blackness/heaviness
(especially in this era where people have become more accustomed to
light engravings) will probaly also overshoot a bit; certainly to my
taste.

Greetings,
Janneke

--