Re: Accidentals' font

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 10:06:39 -0500

On 7/4/2020 5:55 AM, Paolo Prete wrote:
Just leave Feta as a native font and insert a dummy
wrapper for Gonville in the ./configure. This does not require any
development, nor uniformity in the coding standard and can be easily added
to the source tree.

This discussion is reminding me of the Google Summer of Code project proposal, "Support for Style Sheets."

"
LilyPond’s engraving output can be tweaked to the least detail, and one important addition in recent years was the ability to use alternative notation fonts. It is possible to create reusable modules for “house styles”, but this project aims at bringing this to a new level by creating a convenient extension package with support for creating, applying, and sharing modular style sheets.
"
<http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html>

That looks to me like there IS community support for having ways to change the look-and-feel of LilyPond's output, depending how the development goals are defined and presented.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA