Re: Accidentals' font

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 18:05:04 +0200

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 16:54, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> wrote:

> They are good, but not GPL/open source...

Hello Paolo,

Most of them were open source initially (Open Font License).
There are repositories with the OFL-licensed versions here:
https://github.com/OpenLilyPondFonts

Recently Daniel Benjamin Miller shared (on lilypond-user mailing list) his
work for a better support for Bravura (also OFL) in LilyPond:
https://github.com/dbenjaminmiller/bmusicfonts

In the past talented developers (sorry, I do not remember who exactly but
thanks!) implemented a simple way to replace the music font, see NR 3.4.4
Replacing the notation font
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/replacing-the-notation-font.html

And presently Owen Lamb is implementing (GSoC 2020) SMuFL support in
Lilypond.

I mean, it can always be improved but I am grateful for the work people
have done so far.

Cheers,
Xavier

--