Re: Cadenza Senza Tempo Problem

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: Cadenza Senza Tempo Problem
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:41:08 -0700 (MST)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> Am Mo., 28. Okt. 2019 um 11:22 Uhr schrieb Reggie <

> reegistoop@

> >:
>>
>> Hello list. I am struggling with this. Please don't laugh I just feel
>> like
>> crying I cannot see what is right in front of me I must be. I am
>> attempting
>> to learn more deeper in lilypond and try a cadenza sort of passage. I see
>> two problems I am bad at. One, how do I get the trills to be side by
>> alongside? Two, I can't understand how to make piano empty system end at
>> the
>> same location vertical as the trill staff? What is the secret I feel so
>> stupid. Thank you for your kind help. Is there any details about working
>> with free music cadenza pieces? I've read the documentation section on
>> cadenza mode but not in practice I'm struggling.
>>
>> \version "2.19.83"
>> <<
>>   \time 4/4
>>
>>   \new Staff {
>>     \cadenzaOn
>>     \hide Score.TimeSignature
>>     r8 a'4\startTrillSpan^\markup {"senza tempo -" \italic "quasi
>> cadenza"}
>> b'\startTrillSpan\stopTrillSpan a'\startTrillSpan\stopTrillSpan
>>
>>     b'\startTrillSpan\stopTrillSpan
>>

>>     e'''\stopTrillSpan f'''\startTrillSpan
>> e'''\startTrillSpan\stopTrillSpan
>> f'''\stopTrillSpan
>>     \bar "" \break
>>
>>     \cadenzaOff
>>     \time 4/4 c''' c''' c''' c'''
>>
>>   }
>>   \new PianoStaff {
>>     <<
>>       \new Staff  { \clef treble s1*2   }
>>       \new Staff  { \clef bass  s1*2  }
>>     >>

>>   }
>> >>

>> \paper {
>>   ragged-right = ##f
>> }
>>
>> Chou_Wen-chungg.jpg
>> &lt;http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/Chou_Wen-chungg.jpg&gt;
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/User-f3.html
>>

> The space at first line-end is because you provide a new
> 4/4-TimeSignature. Mere hiding it will not affect the space reserved
> for it.
> Better do:
>     \override Score.TimeSignature.break-visibility = ##(#f #t #t)
>
> The trills I'd shorten a bit, maybe set staff-padding in an additional
> override.
>

> Makes for:
>
> \paper { ragged-right = ##f }
>
> <<
>   %\time 4/4
>
>   \new Staff {
>     \cadenzaOn
>     \hide Score.TimeSignature
>     r8
>     \override TrillSpanner.bound-details.right.padding = 1.5
>     \override TrillSpanner.staff-padding = 2.5
>     a'4 \startTrillSpan^\markup {"senza tempo -" \italic "quasi cadenza"}
> [...]

Hi Thomas thank you for fixing it for me I see the override now but never
would have discovered that I feel lost :[ Is there a set group of commands
you should suggest for using a piece that was entirely all no time signature
no barlines and most important you want tight space between all notes as
though it's not allowing the space for barlines and more.

I can hide barlines and meter but the spacing over pages still looks as
though it's taking into account barlines. I am hiding correctly not just
hiding. Can you make a full piece of music that is total free with tight
spacing?