Re: [Linphone-users] Alsa makes no noise

From: Marcel Karras
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Alsa makes no noise
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:22:27 +0200

Hello Simon,

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:16:46 +0200
Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does it work when linphone uses the oss device /dev/dsp, with the
> alsa-pcm-oss
> module loaded ?

the Alsa Oss Emulation won't work with the au1x00.c alsa module. There're some
unmet symbols but I don't care of Oss Emulation. If I use native OSS then
linphone works okay but the quality is unacceptable.
I even tried another SIP client (minisip) and the text version of this client
works well even with OSS native. As linphone supports more codecs I'd like to
use linphone rather than minisip but perhaps you can compare the lincore sound
api with the minisip one in order to improve the alsa handling. (or whatever)

> Someone send me a fix around the audio processing in linphone; it will be in
> next pre3 release, it is worth that you try it.

Can you tell me more about the fix? I currently use linphone 1.0.1 and if it's
relevant to me I'll give it a try of cause.

Regards
- Marcel Karras

Contact: address@hidden   address@hidden
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology