Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] MIT Scheme for Mac OS X?

From: Robert Love
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] MIT Scheme for Mac OS X?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:06:21 -0600

On Mar 9, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Steven Shaw wrote:

Robert Love wrote:

Upon looking at it, I see some kind of cross compile will have to happen. Its not like Guile or other scheme projects that are written in C and you just configure/make/make install. No, this thing seems to be part C, part scheme and part object files.

Probably drscheme/mzscheme, chicken and gambit are ones to consider.

In my case, no, I don't think so. The reason I need/want scheme is to use it with a text book by a scheme founder/fanatic. That the ads for the textbook don't say it is for a restricted set of platforms seems like false advertising at the least.

Actually, reading the little bit of the scheme newsgroup I have, I get the feeling that the scheme world is fractured, optionally standards compliant or has competing standards and not really interchangable with other scheme interpreters or libraries.