[MIT-Scheme-devel] MIT Scheme for Mac OS X?

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] MIT Scheme for Mac OS X?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:07:49 -0500

   Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:06:21 -0600
   From: Robert Love <address@hidden>

   Actually, reading the little bit of the scheme newsgroup I have, I
   get the feeling that the scheme world is fractured, optionally
   standards compliant or has competing standards and not really
   interchangable with other scheme interpreters or libraries.

The Scheme world is indeed fractured.  The standards are somewhat
helpful, but because they cover only a small part of the development
environment they aren't sufficient to support real programs.  (They
are good enough for programming in the small, though.)

The SRFI documents attempt to fix this, but they are optional so you
can't really depend on those features.  However, many implementations
support many SRFIs, so it's better than nothing.