Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:08:38 +0100

hi Fabian Henrici,

am Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2002 um 19:55 schriebst du:

>>>mld seems to stop looking for sources when
>>>max_sources_per_file is reached but not to start again looking when
>>>sources go bad and get dropped and source count gets too low again.
>> This is something I suspected, but could not find any reason for this to
>> happen while looking at the sources...
FH> well, I ain't gonna find it for sure :-)
FH> perhaps finding out what triggers it might help. I'm wondering if I am
FH> the only one downloading files with more than 500 sources as no one else
FH> seems to have problems. Doesn't seem likely so there must be something
FH> on my system or in my installation to trigger it.
FH> Bad thing is, I have no clue what to look for!
FH> Is there anything I can do to help You localize the problem?
FH> Logfile, strace, coredump, ... :-)

For me it looks like overnet. As mldonkey said, 0.42 changed the
protocol.

I tested a few versions, and all of them got the same result:

Overnet: 0 (0.00 %)

So. To come down to my thought:

We we're all experiencing good download rates because of overnet but
now they're gone. Could this be the explanation?

Since a few days we all have the same problems? Overnet announced
"Varios Queuing problems fixed", the forum is full of posts like "Wow"
"I'm getting 210k/s, I NEVER had this before"..

They encouraged everyone to upgrade, and, as it seems, nearly
everybody did.

-roland