Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: Fabian Henrici
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:36:50 +0100

Pierre Etchemaite wrote:
Le Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:25:30 +0100, Fabian Henrici <address@hidden> a
écrit :

Its definitely not dropping anymore, but that doesn't seem to help.

No, it's not dropping sources that kills your downloads; You're switching
sources too fast.

I saw something new that might shed some more light on the matter:
I set max_sources_per_file to 5000 until about 3000 had accumulated, then set it back to 500. After about 1 hour source count is only about 100 now, so it seems that sources are dropped (or canceled or whatever) and no new sources are added. mld seems to stop looking for sources when max_sources_per_file is reached but not to start again looking when sources go bad and get dropped and source count gets too low again. min_left_sources is set to 200, so mld should really start looking for new sources again but does not.

Does this give You any clue? Help would really be appreciated for mld is just about useless for me right now.

Thanks, Fabian