[Mldonkey-users] Overnet 0.42

From: MLdonkey
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet 0.42
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:08:41 +0100

The TCP protocol of overnet 0.42 has been changed to prevent
connections from eMule and MLdonkey clients. From my first
investigations, the only change is in the ConnectReq and
ConnectReplyReq requests, where:
- The tag containing the TCP port has been removed (but I don't think
    it takes this into account)
- The Server:port information has been removed at the end of the two
    messages.

If this is really the only difference, the only thing we have to do is
to tag sources coming from Overnet with a special flag, open a second
TCP port different from the eDonkey port for incoming connections from
Overnet, and just not send the server info when the overnet flag is
on.

Other ideas ? Has someone tried to see if the UDP protocol also
changed ?

- MLDonkey