Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet 0.42

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet 0.42
Date: 22 Dec 2002 21:53:09 +0100

> Other ideas ? Has someone tried to see if the UDP protocol also
> changed ?

I'm sorry to say that I won't have time in the following weeks to help
with this update :(

However, it seems in my last traces that the UDP overnet protocol didn't
change. This makes sense, as the TCP-dl-protocol and the
UDP-search/connect-protocol are distinct entities. I found during my
firewalled-peers work that there are new opcodes in TCP that mldonkey
does not know about. Getting traces with between 2 official 0.42 clients
should be quite easy though.

I do agree that we should mimic as closely as possible the overnet-TCP
behaviour in a separate TCP port, on which we remove any
mldonkey/edonkey-specific extensions :) Having an specific TCP and UDP
port for overnet, we may be able mimic overnet protocol as closely as we
want.

Norbert