Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet 0.42

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet 0.42
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 22:37:22 +0100

>  However, it seems in my last traces that the UDP overnet protocol didn't
>  change. This makes sense, as the TCP-dl-protocol and the
>  UDP-search/connect-protocol are distinct entities. I found during my
>  firewalled-peers work that there are new opcodes in TCP that mldonkey
>  does not know about. Getting traces with between 2 official 0.42 clients
>  should be quite easy though.

In fact, after a looking at my logs, it looks like the debugging client can
connect to Overnet peers with tag version "60". I don't know if it
corresponds only to 0.42, or if other clients might use the same
version (eDonkey is now using 61, no ?). They never directly connect
to me (I've no connection on the dedicated port), but when I connect
to them using a modified Connect message, they accept to send and
receive some queries, and even queue my client (but no download yet).
So, I think the TCP protocol should work pretty soon, but I have no
Overnet download yet... after a few hours... (nor upload)

- MLDonkey