Re: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS after 10min

From: Jorfen
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS after 10min
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:37:16 +0100

Am Samstag, 21. Dezember 2002 13:45 schrieb MLdonkey:

> I've a strange behavior of mldonkey clients: I log the output of
> mldonkey in mldonkey.log.
>
> If I do a "grep uplo mldonkey.log | grep -v eMule", I have a long list
> of old and new mldonkey clients who never ask for any block (check with
>
>  grep "ask for" mldonkey.log | grep -v eMule
>
> ). This means these guys enter my queue, and then never ask for a
> block (they seem to disconnect immediatly, so they don't keep the slot
> forever fortunately). This is rather strange. Have you noticed the
> same thing ?
That seems to be the current behavior of the official 2.01 client, which for
some reasons can only download from sources with free upload-slots.
It connects to a host, and either starts downloading or goes into "queued"
state and leaves it after approx. one minute whereas stay_in_upload_queue
is set to 30 minutes (default).