Re: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS after 10min

From: root
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS after 10min
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:53:39 +0100

> Even emule don't prioritize it's own client nor ban clients and still
> download from them!
acording to my (second hand) informations emule still downloads from
banned clients.

> 2002/12/19: Simon
>   - DonkeyClient: quota limitations:
>      * Emule clients can not get more than 1/3 of the upload slots
>      * at least one mldonkey client can always enter the queue
this is bad.
it will make mldonkey look bad.
it will give problems to sharers (i guess about half my downloaders
are emule, other half edonkey, there almost no mldonkeys)

it shouldn't matter what client someone is using.
i dont want to run a unfair client. i really hope this is reconsiderd.

> For the banning system, it ensures that clients don't reask the same
> file within 9 minutes, whatever client they use.
i think most of the emule guys realized this is the wrong aproach, most mods
seem to be less strict, like multiple times 3 requsts in 10 min, else each
pause/resume, even a server-reconect or a client-crash-restart can
lead to a ban.
also, how long are the clients banned? 1 hour would be about right.

me-777