Re: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS after 10min

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS after 10min
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:21:29 +0100

>  I'm  not sure if it's good. The emule developers counterreaction may be very
>  dangerous for us.

First of all, emule developers have already done a lot of bad things
against us. I don't think we should worry about them. In particular,
mldonkey can still fake to be an edonkey client, and I don't think
they would dare ban edonkey users in general.

Anyway, mldonkey does not prevent emule clients from downloading, it
just ensures they don't take all the upload slots.  For the banning
system, it ensures that clients don't reask the same file within 9
minutes, whatever client they use. That's the reason why old mldonkey
(1.16) clients are also banned.

- MLDonkey