[Mldonkey-users] Re: [OT] here's a guy that I stupidly offended because

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: [OT] here's a guy that I stupidly offended because this wasn't clear
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:41:33 +0100

Le Mon, 30 Dec 2002 07:36:13 -0800, lenny bruce
<address@hidden> a écrit :

(Sorry for getting off topic, let's kill that thread after that)

> TO PIERRE:  I APOLOGIZE, I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT WAS DESIGNED
> but you also have to understand that this problem isn't explained
> anywhere.

NP, I accept your apologizes.
Maybe I should add a few drawings to the howto, if the problem gets clearer
that way.

> you don't understand that even though we want to give back in equal
> amounts
> we simply cannot do it because our ISPs are screwing us!!!

I understand that very well, but ISPs are running a business. And if you
looked at the price of links with good upload rate (like one you'd want for
running a server, even a non-commercial one), you'll start to cry :'(

So this economic pressure is not only a problem for running p2p clients, but
worse, it's also a problem for any non-commercial activity on the net.
Unless you can stand tons of ads, popups and other crap of "free
accounts"...

BR,
Pierre.