Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: here's a guy that I stupidly offended because

From: Jarek Hirny
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: here's a guy that I stupidly offended because this wasn't clear
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:19:55 +0100

Hi.

> True, but still the upload speed of the newsserver limits your
> download speed.

Yes,  of  course. But to keep the equation (sum (download) = sum (upload) )
true,  you  must take into consideration the upload done by newsservers. And
they  don't  care  what do they upload and don't limit their speed. At least
here...

> In this case the only difference is that you don't have to upload it.

Which is a very big difference, IMAO.

> The provider of your newsserver however has to, that's why most of
> them are expensive...

Hm,  at  least  in  Poland  there  are a few good, free newsserves with nice
expiry time. And, usually, you have usually access to your ISP newsserver.

--
Jarek Hirny * http://agnus.eu.org * fidonet:2:480/96.666 * icq:92898666