Re: [Mldonkey-users] FAQ, Patches, Stalled-Forever Downloads, Slowness,

From: Michael Panteleit
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] FAQ, Patches, Stalled-Forever Downloads, Slowness, Settings
Date: 30 Dec 2002 11:51:44 +0100

Stephane Goulet <address@hidden> writes:

> > max_sources_per_file = 600  - too many?
> > min_left_sources = 200      - left? right? good? I don't know
>
> Seems quite standard.. i'v raised min_left_sources a bit as i often have
> lots of dead sources clogging my list
> max_sources is obvious.. min_left_sources, mldonkey stops looking for
> sources when this number of sources is reached.

No, thats what good_sources_threshold is for ;)

min_left_sources means mldonkey won't discard sources, when cleaning,
below this value. good_sources_threshold means mldonkey won't search
actively for new sources if this percentage of good sources are found.

> > enable_server = true - if that's valid then explain this:
>
> DISABLE THIS ASAP!!!!
> There is enought small useless servers waisting bandwitch connecting
> to them on the ed2k network.

Don't shout. I guess Bruce didn't know he was starting the inbuild
server. One might assume this is needed to start connecting to
servers.

> > tcpip_packet_size = 40  -- I'm forced to use the stupid PPPoE... so
> > adjust it?
>
> Setting this right will lower fragmentation and get you better speeds unless
> your router or os already takes care of resizing packets.
> Anyway, allways a good idea to set this right

AFAIK this variable isn't used in the source. I just looked in it and
didn't find any reference.

Meikel