pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Mandrake 8.2 and yEnc

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Mandrake 8.2 and yEnc
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:37:40 -0500

Charles Kerr wrote:

> Try posting a group + article that Pan 0.11.2.90 couldn't decode
> so that we can test it out too.
>
> Any other mdk 8.2 users out there?
>
> cheers,
> Charles

Group: alt.binaries.multimedia.scifi
Article: Lexx 4x15 - "Mort" SCVD <READ NFO> 01 of 63 - yEnc
"Lexx4x15.SCVD.C00Ki3.TheTube.nfo"

If you look at any yEnc .nfo file it does not decode it in-line, but I
just noticed that if I save it, then it can be read. If I look at any of
the other .nfo they don't need to be saved. I went to
alt.binaries.pictures.comics and all the yEnc pics were decoded in-line.
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't recall having to save the yEnc .nfo files
when using Pan with Mandrake 8.1 before I could read them. The above
article was just one, I filter through all the yEnc .nfo files and could
not read any without first saving them. Is this just a sign of old age
or what?