pan-users

[Pan-users] Improving Pan performance over VNC via dialup/adsl

From: Steven Ellis
Subject: [Pan-users] Improving Pan performance over VNC via dialup/adsl
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:36:59 -0800 (PST)

I often use VNC to get into a box at home that is
running PAN (well VNC over SSH for those who worry
about security). With this latence you really start to
notice how many screen refreshes occur for certain
tasks.

For example I often have the groups list open and
either do "g" or select the group I want to look at
articles in. This causes the current article list to
be displayed first and then the article list switches
to the new group. Number of refreshes is rather
annoying.

I'll try and note a couple of other senarios as they
happen.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

address@hidden