pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 20:20:33 -0700

On Aug 1, 2008, at 4:56 PM, walt wrote:

I can suggest only obvious tricks such as looking at the event log and
starting pan from a command prompt using the --debug flag.

Thanks for the suggestions. The event log (which I didn't even know about!) shows nothing bad, and does not change at all at the point of the freeze. The --debug does put out a lot. But at the point of the freeze its last words seem to be "trying to add the articles to tree...". That makes me think it's a gtk2.0 problem. I'm wondering about trying to reinstall gtk2.0 or even reinstalling everything.