pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 20:17:22 -0700

On Aug 1, 2008, at 8:01 PM, Greg Lee wrote:

That happens to me.  I think it's a bug.  When loading a large number
of headers, about 3/4 of the way through, the GUI loses it, and I just
have to wait until the headers from that group are loaded. Pan will not respond until the headers are all loaded. I have to wait around 3 minutes, at most (not 20), but I have 3G of ram, which probably helps. It doesn't
freeze my whole system -- I can go to another window and do something
else -- it just affects Pan.

What OS, distro (if Linux), etc.? I'm wondering if it's an Ubuntu problem. Also, does top show pan at close to 100% during your 3 minutes?
-- David