pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 00:44:10 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:07:45
-0700:

> If 1 Gig isn't enough memory, why am I, with only 256 Meg not having any
> issues?

The groups you are viewing probably have a lot to do with it.  Some
binary groups (as the OP mentioned he's having problems with) have
millions of individual posts.  Text groups (as you mention later you are
using pan for) just don't get that much traffic, so the comparison isn't
really valid.

Never-the-less, I don't believe it's a memory problem per se, but that'll
be a different post.