pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:15:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 11:13:07 -0400, David Shochat wrote:

> ...is anyone /not/ seeing this problem who has 2.12...

I have 2.12.9 and I don't see it.  By looking at the event log
I see that pan rethreads the display exactly every 10 seconds
while fetching headers.  It fetches as many headers as it can
in those 10 seconds and pauses to rethread, which for me is
virtually instantaneous.

One quick and dirty 'profiling' trick would be to turn off
threading in the View::Header-pane menu and see if the problem
goes away.

BTW, does it matter which pane you're viewing when fetching
headers?