pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: freedomware vs... Was: Building Pan on Windows?

From: Leslie Newell
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: freedomware vs... Was: Building Pan on Windows?
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 20:44:02 +0000

The only truly open formats are the ones with open source implementations, otherwise you can't be sure if the documentation matches the implementation.

IMHO, documentation is more important than open source when it comes to file formats. It doesn't matter if it is open source if all you have to go by are a few cryptic comments and poorly documented source code.

Yup, I like VS for C compiling, but make sure stuff works on LINUX as well.

wxWidgets scores there. Write one app and build it on Windows, Mac, Linux and others. I only normally support Windows and Linux.

Les