pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How would I debug Pan (intermittently) sending posts in

From: Rock
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How would I debug Pan (intermittently) sending posts in triplicate?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 01:08:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:49:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> there's a lot of other info leakage in the typical headers

Hi Duncan,

I'm glad you discussed information leakage, as, we all know, it's sad
when we give away too much in the quest for answers on USENET.

BTW, one way not to leak the Pan user agent is the following:

Edit: ~/.pan2/preferences.xml to change from:
<flag name='add-user-agent-header-when-posting' value='true'/>
to:
<flag name='add-user-agent-header-when-posting' value='false'/>

Of course, that option would be moot on this particular newsgroup!
:)