sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Min. Requirement for SKS Version in the Pool

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Min. Requirement for SKS Version in the Pool
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 02:22:50 -0400

On 06/25/2012 02:16 AM, John Clizbe wrote:
> After Christoph's last email re mutex_set_max I checked my own databases, both
> of which were set to 64K.  PTree was almost equally split between in-use and
> free.  KDB was very close to running out with only about 3K left of the 64K.

Would you mind showing how you did this check?  What architecture was
the machine you checked?  I'd be happy to corroborate.

> With the larger number of keys now in the DB, perhaps a better value for
> KDB/DB_CONFIG is
>
>     mutex_set_max     98304

Can this change be made live in the DB_CONFIG file, while sks is
operating?  or should we shut down sks, make the change, and then restart?

Is there some way that this can be auto-tuned?  What are the
consequences of setting the value even higher?

Thanks for helping me get my head around bdb configuration!

        --dkg