Re: [Social-discuss] PHP-Based GNU Social structure

From: Carlo von Loesch
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] PHP-Based GNU Social structure
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:04:58 +0200 (CEST)

László Török typeth:
| English is not my native language, can deal with German as well. ;)

We don't provide Hungarian yet, even though we have an excellent
Hungarian programmer. Did I guess correctly?

| Actually, you can define different levels of access control to restrict
| access to sensitive content.
| There are quite a few ways to do that. One approach is
| http://esw.w3.org/WebAccessControl.

Yes yes I understand there are several HTTP-based approaches to this.
You can also do FOAF+SSL and probably OStatus has something in the
toolbox as well. The point is, we are not using HTTP to decentralize
our users onto their friends' sites. In PSYC you would already have
the profile data of all of your friends on your laptop - you don't
need to log into a remote web server and parse a semantically rich
document, to start doing something.

| > The embedded world could use semantically rich protocols that are
| > actually fast to parse and process, right?

| Sure, not willing to exclude them, but I would focus on desktop and server
| as a first shot as it is a easy win.

We already have that.  ;)

| Any thanks for the nice summary. I think it was valuable piece of material
| for everyone of us.

My honor.

--
___ psyc://psyced.org/~lynX ___ irc://psyced.org/welcome ___
___ xmpp:address@hidden ____ https://psyced.org/PSYC/ _____